Many times we love to acquire things but we don’t know the dimensions of our body, and something very important is the measurement of the rings.
I consider the rings an ultra feminine accessory and usually these describe our tastes and personality. A great example is when we see a girl with multiple rings on her fingers. There we realize that she is a coquette woman and likes to show off her jewelry.
In short, today we will communicate about the ring size, the right wearing and some tips for engagement rings selecting.
Saved from sokolov.ru
Professional determining of ring size
Dimensions of the ring size are in the range from 15 to 23 in increments of 0.5 . Namely there is something like 15, then 15.5 , after that 16 and so on. Generally female are ring sizes from 15.5 to 18 and 16.5 ring size is the most popular for women’s rings.In fact, ring size is a diameter of its inner circumference in millimeters. Click To Tweet
Saved from blog.shadesoftime.co.uk
The ideal way to determine your ring size is just to go to a jewelry store and ask for measuring your finger. And the store personnel will be happy to help you. I would also advise you to do this for three times, as your ring size may vary depending on the day time.
Saved from santayana.com
How to measure it?
- Never determine ring size in the morning ( body still remains water, so fingers are slightly swelled);
- After sports (swollen fingers);
- During menstruation (swollen fingers);
- During too hot or too cold weather;
- “The last fitting” of the ring size should be done when you are calm and your body temperature is normal.
Determining of engagement ring size
Sooner or later there comes a time when man decides to finish his single life and to make a proposal to his girlfriend. The main difficulty encountered with this important event isn’t really a script of a marriage proposal – but exactly the ring size determining. He should discover it as accurate as possible and doesn’t extradite a surprise of proposal.
Saved from behindthebliss.wordpress.com
Here are some simple ways of how to find out the ring size, so she won’t suspect anything:
- Quietly take a girl’s ring, which she wears on the ring finger. Bring this ring to the nearest jewelry store, where the seller can easily determine the ring size.
- If she takes off her ring only before going to bed, dishwashing, cooking and other household chores, do not miss the moment. Put a ring on a piece of paper and draw the domestic contour. Diameter of resulting circle, measured in millimeters, is the ring size. Or you can make an imprint on some plastic material, such as plasticine.
- Put a ring on your finger and note the level which it fits (just to be sure you can make mark with a pen).
- Don’t despair if all previous methods are not suitable or your girlfriend doesn’t wear rings. You can bring her gloves made of fine leather to the jeweler.
And also I advice you to read my post about Engagement Rings: Make A Right Choice
Determining of ring size at home
To determine the ring size with the help of the thread you will need: about 50 cm of a sufficiently dense thread. Take the thread, gently wrap it in 5 turns at the required finger.
Wrap your finger, cross both ends of the thread (without taking your finger off) and cut them with the sharp shears.
Measure length of the thread that you cropped with a ruler, tape measure or centimeter.
The resulting length in inches you should divide by 15.7. The resulting value is the ring size, which you measured.
The resulting amount shall be rounded up to a half of centimeter to the next higher. For example: 17.1 to 17.5.
It must be remembered that ring must pass through the joint. Always take this into account while determining the ring size at home.
Ring type selecting
Before going to the jewelry store, the first thing you should do is to study your own hands and determine which form do you have and also what is the length of your fingers. After all, correctly picked ring isn’t just an exquisite adornment – it can adjust not ideal shape of the hand. If your fingers are long or short, thin or thick, etc. Here are some tips:
Saved from epiquemoi.blogspot.com
If you determined that your hands are narrow and you have long fingers – you are lucky. You can buy any option which you like, except thin rings. If you want to avoid that your fingers look very long, opts for the thick rings because it creates a horizontal line that makes them look wider and stronger.
If your fingers are large and wrist is wide, bright and convex decor will be really suitable. Jewelry with pearls and semi-precious stones in center will look especially advantageous at such fingers. Beware of smooth rings in a minimalist style, as well as rings-rims.
Women who have short fingers should choose a ring with inserts of elongated shape. For example, the model of “marquis”: ring adorned with oval stone with pointed ends. A perfect option is to wear thin rings, my recommendation is to take two instead of one, to achieve impact.
And something you should avoid at all costs are the rings on the little finger, because they make the hands look smaller and thinner.
Saved from www.hkjewellery.co.uk
For owners of small hands – the only caveat: don’t buy really large rings and wear delicate forms.